Join us for our May dinner meeting! This meeting will start with a tour of the wetlands and improvements on the western side of Onondaga Lake, followed by dinner at Twin Trees Too, 1029 Milton Ave, Syracuse NY. During the dinner portion of the evening, we will hold our Annual Elections for the open officers and directors positions, and we will present our Chapter’s scholarship awards to the three deserving recipients selected this year: Alex Henwood, Mackenzi Herbst, and Kristina Macro. The full agenda is below.
· 5:00 pm – Meet at the Honeywell Visitor Center off I-690
· 5:00-6:15 pm – Presentation and tour of western shoreline to see the new collection systems, wetlands, and other improvements on that side of Onondaga Lake. NOTE: Because we will be walking along a construction trail, boots and high visibility vests are required. A small number vests can be provided. Please bring your own if you have them.
· 6:30 pm – Meet at Twin Trees Too
· 7: 00 pm – Serve dinner
· 7:30 pm – Scholarship Presentation and Annual Elections
The cost of dinner is $20.00 for members, $25.00 for non-members, and $15.00 for students. If you are not a member, please consider becoming one. Membership helps support our educational mission throughout the year, and entitles you to member benefits.
TO ACCESS THE VISITORS CENTER:
· From Points West: Take I-690 East to Exit 7, turn left onto State Fair Boulevard, take the first left passing under I-690, drive straight toward the lake and follow signs to the Onondaga Lake Visitors Center.
· From Points East: Take I-690 West to Exit 7, turn right at the off ramp and follow signs to the Onondaga Lake Visitors Center.